Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday tidbits

The last few months have seen natural disasters one after the other, in the last week the scenes of devastation in Japan have been heart wrenching. My thoughts go out to all of the people both in Christchurch and Japan who have suffered from such terrible destruction and the end of life as they knew it.  I am hoping the future will bring hope and renewal for them.

I'd like to let you all know I am still in one piece and have had no further injuries despite going back to aquarobics, twice.  Unless you count getting water in my ear and having a little discomfort with that last night. Keep your fingers crossed that I survive for a few more weeks!

This is where I go to aquarobics.  We use the pool at the back of the photo. They're replacing the sails on the children's pool in the foreground so there is a lot of construction happening at the moment.  I'll take photos when it's all finished.
This isn't a pic of me or any of the people that I know.

Now for some mail that arrived.
Make Life by Sweetwater from Quilt This.


Lots of books from the Book Depository.
Not that I'm going to be making anything from any of these any time soon as I have a list of projects a mile long, but these are great for inspiration, and learning new techniques. Good bed time reading!

Finally this gorgeous picture on the front of the New Zealand Quilter magazine,  It's a great photo, the sky, the dress, the colours in the quilt and the car.









5 comments:

  1. Wow..what an awesome pool...I guess I do have to come and visit one day. You seem to live in paradise!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tile quilt book looks very interesting. Maybe you could read it to me via Skype every night until I've seen it all?

    I take it you're thinking of doing some applique?

    Love the new fabrics...what are you going to do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt book too.
    Well done with the exercise. Keep it up. At least when it's in the water you don't get HOT !!
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do aquaaerobics and loved it. It's nice to do exercise and not sweat and it's a pretty full on work out!! And how fun are the colourful noodles!! The books look great, I'm curious about the tile one after seeing some example over at flickr. I ordered some books the other day, too hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking books! And what have you done to your self???

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.