Friday, January 21, 2011

Favourite Things Friday

Woo hoo it's Favourite Things Friday again, wow this week has flown. The wonderful Shay over at         Quilting In My Pyjamas is hosting FTF so pop on over to have a look at all the favourites linked for this week.



This week my favourite is a flower, Frangipani. I'm lucky enough that in my little part of the world Frangipanis flower throughout the summer, well normally they do but as this summer has been very very very wet, my frangipanis have not been so happy and haven't flowered as profusely.
I absolutely adore the scent of frangipanis, so I have planted lots around my garden. Some have a stronger scent than others, the white and yellow ones seem to have the best perfume. They also remind me of holidays (vacations) to SE Asia and Fiji, so now I have my little bit of tropical paradise in my own garden.






The photos were all taken last year, as I don't have any of this type of frangipani, Plumeria rubra, flowering now.  I have some beautiful dark red frangipanis too, but they haven't flowered for the last two summers.

I also have a few of these, Evergreen Frangipani, Plumeria obtusa, they have started flowering in the last couple of weeks but not as prolific as usual.


14 comments:

  1. Aboslutely beautiful flowers! Wish you could post smell as easily as pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I can't get anything to grow (except weeds) .. your flowers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - Hope they make an appearance for you just as soon as it dries out a little in your neck of the woods.

    Mmmm Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this flower too - a fave after tulips i think. I Passed an award on to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I adore the smell of frangipani, always reminds me of when we lived in Townsville, balmy nights on the Strand. Before children came along. Enough said I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely frangipani, I think they are a favourite of lots of people I am partial to them too. Love the pink ones. They do seem to grow here usually see old specimens in older gardens. Saw some fake frangipani flowers to go in your hair today and was really tempted but I was in a hurry to get home so walked passed instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, they're so pretty! I wish I could smell the blossoms. Does the scent resemble any common flower? Just curious. Great favorite! Happy FTF! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the flowers and the smell but not fussed on the trees especially the ones that lose their leaves in winter.
    Do you remember when they were used a lot in bridal bouquets? My mother's post war wedding bouquet was devine.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful, Marg!

    The only time I smelled the scent was when my parents went to Barbados and brought me back some frangipani perfume.

    Enjoy - hope the sun is shining for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frangipannis always make me think of home in Townsville where i was born. I love them, and love to paint them. Yours are lovely the while ones are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Mum carried orange scented frangipani's in her wedding bouquet 49 years ago. I love them too , and have been seriously contemplating planting some in our garden.

    Loved this FTF Marg. The flowers are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are beautiful Marg! Easy to see why they would be a FTF - I wish I could smell them too - we don't have the climate for them here. I shall imagine wonderful :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeous flowers!!!

    ~Steph
    http://fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so lucky to be able to grow these gorgeous frangipanis, Marg. The smell always reminds me of Southport where we spent holidays with our grandparents.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.