Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mail (the "love fest" continues)

This week had been very uneventful until I received my mail on Thursday.  Then woo hoo, three parcels arrive in my letter box, how lucky am I.

The first was a very unexpected but much appreciated one. Mrs P took pity on me, as apparently I live at the a*#! end of the universe, where many culinary delights from South Australia are hard to come by non existent here.  I had never heard of these items before reading about them recently.

I apologise for the photo, it is not the best, it was taken late at night and in a hurry (before I ate all the chocolate!!)

Nostimini is a secret Mediterranean blend of herbs and spices, sounds like a European KFC, doesn't it. It is made by a company in South Australia. It sounds fabulous and I was looking forward to cooking with it on Friday night, but it didn't eventuate thanks to my social outing for Friday lunch, and the glasses of wine. The Nostimini website says it arouses the senses, I'm looking forward to that, just hope it doesn't happen in public. 

Mrs P also sent some Fruchocs, yummm,  they have almost disappeared already.

These fabulous gifts were lovingly wrapped in metres of bubble wrap, see picture below.  It  took me two days a very long time to unwrap and I wasn't sure I would ever find what was in the parcel.

The bubble wrap was indeed another gift from Mrs P, for use in a top secret project.  I can't go into detail right now, but I will definitely reveal it in the not too distant future.

The other two parcels were from the Fat Quarter Shop.

Some Bar Harbor charm packs and yardage. These are for a table runner which is number 3496 on my list of things to make.



Some Leanika for another project I haven't started, and at this rate never will.



A couple of charm packs of white Bella solids. I haven't decided what I am going to do with these, but I love 5" squares as it means less cutting.


I'm not too sure about the next one, as it is supposed to be Batik Vanilla Latte, it doesn't look remotely vanilla or latte to me, what do you think?

I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with it, there are some nice colours in the mix....but it's not what I thought it was going to be. This is the one small downside of ordering from overseas, if you haven't seen it "in the flesh", touched it and fondled it, it can be a not very nice surprise when it arrives. I'll add it to my fabric stash and look at it occasionally, until inspiration strikes.

Please please keep on reminding me to stop ordering jelly rolls or strips. I don't know why I keep on doing it, but I have to stop. I have **** jelly rolls and I have only cut into one so far, and used the total of one strip.  I am going to take an oath now. 

" I promise to not buy a jelly roll or equivalent from other companies for the next 12 months." 

My fingers are not crossed behind my back while I say that.



P.S. I know I have now referred to Mrs P in three posts in a row. Mrs P is wonderful, a real gem, and we have a great friendship that started through blogging.  I promise though that this blog won't turn into a Mrs P fan club, sorry Mrs P. 


4 comments:

  1. I should have sent you glue and metres of sticky tape as well for your secret project. Too bad you can't paper mache it.

    Agreed that your vanilla latte doesnt look remotely vanilla latte. Some of that stuff looks almost olive green to me !Of course I'm not wearing my glasses and have only had one cup of coffee, so I'm still legally blind.

    So glad this isnt a fan blog. I'm a quiet shy retiring little thing - and uncomfortable with adulation. But I think you're pretty awesome too!

    P.S. If you take a vow of abstinence so will I . I ordered another fat quarter bundle,two jelly rolls and two layer cakes on Thursday and I'm meant to be paying for a kitchen reno in 8 weeks...Eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I use those jelly rolls does that mean I don't have to cut all the pieces out?? Maybe I don't need an answer to that question :-) I don't think your vanilla/latte looks anything like one either, maybe its just the lighting?? I'm intrigued about what you and Mrs P are creating??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those jelly roll colours are pretty much true to life, olive green, blue purply blue, hmmmmm, not much vanilla or latte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Jelly rolls were something you could eat. Once I figured out I'd need my sewing machine, I nearly hid in the closet, rocking back and forth, sucking my thumb.
    Mrs. P does indeed rock and I'm surprised she doesn't have a fan blog.
    She makes me cry almost every day, but in a good way.
    Have fun with your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.