Friday, March 5, 2010

My new baby



I bought one of these. Now there are probably some people out there saying, Nooooooooooooooooo. However...................... I spent a lot of time researching machines, and as I already had a Pfaff, and these have been out for almost 2 yrs now,  and they seem to have ironed out all of the problems, ........ and I couldn't resist a  very good deal, I bought one.
I tried the Bernina 440 and disliked it. I think you need to have a Bernina as your first sewing machine, as I found everything about it really fiddly and considering it is supposed to be a quilting machine I couldn't believe the throat was so small, compared to everything else I looked at.  If I had lots and lots of money I would have bought the Bernina 820, (now that is a beautiful machine, seriously fabulous), but I don't and I would never be able to justify spending that kind of money on a machine.
I brought my baby home this afternoon, and have been trying it out.  So far so good, I am enjoying using it, like everything that is new, it is taking a bit of getting used to, it is a little different to my old Pfaff, but all in all, I am enjoying it. Can't wait to produce something with it!!!!!!!!







This week since Monday we have had 292mm of rain. That is 11 1/2 inches.  Yes, this is not a typo, 11 1/2 inches since the 1st of March.  Apparently by the 2nd of March we had broken the March record for rainfall. Maybe that will give you some idea of why I called my blog Sunshine? Paradise?.  This is the Sunshine Coast and we are supposed to have sunshine.  The weather the last few years has been at extremes. We are either in drought or floods. 
I found this photo here, but it kind of shows you how heavy the rain has been and we haven't even had a storm. Imagine that kind of rain on and off for 5 days, and without the sunshine in between.

However, I am glad that we haven't had the freezing cold, snow weather of the northern hemisphere, so I will stop whingeing now.

1 comment:

  1. How utterly exciting Marg. About the new machine - not the rain!- it's just started raining here as well.

    I hope you have lots of fun with your new machine. Time to drag that quilt back out and finish it off!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.