Thursday, February 18, 2010

Granny Square Crochet

As it is my friend J's birthday today I can reveal one of the things i have been working on over the last few weeks. Well, actually I finished it ages ago and I posted a couple of photos on flickr, hoping that she wouldn't come across them as she doesn't "do" flickr. So here is another crafty thing I have finished, yeahhhh.



And here is a close up of the cushion. I used DK wool.



This is the back, I adapted the idea from Lucy at Attic 24,  in this tutorial. Lucy uses thrifted sweaters, I live in Queensland and it is the middle of summer here, so there is nowhere I can find a thrifted sweater.  I decided to crochet the back and finish it off the way Lucy did in her tutorial.

I finished with some buttons I bought in a Vintage pack from Spotlight, as of course I didn't have 6 buttons that were similar or even looked good together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave a comment and please make sure you have reply email set up so I can reply to you.